a perfect result…
A focus on quality, attention to detail, the patience to create a perfect result…
An Oxfordshire client agrees to talk about the Origin experience.
Mr Henderson is no stranger to building projects. His modern and exciting house was built ten years ago, with plenty of input from him and his wife. They both had very firm ideas about how they wanted their new home to be. He reflected on the memory.
“The sad thing about the original house project was that the builders’ idea of finished, and ours, were very different. The building took over a year, and we began to think the early enthusiasm was beginning to wane slightly. So when, ten years later, we were in a position to add a pool house to our property, we couldn’t help remembering some of the pitfalls.
We chose Origin because they appeared to be the most experienced, with a good track record lasting over thirty years, and a beautiful portfolio of major projects they had created.
Also they undertake every element of the process themselves, from initial ideas, to planning, to construction and completion.
Work started, and this experience was soon in evidence. Origin worked quickly and cleanly – and were infinitely patient with our changes of mind, moments of inspiration, and indecisions about detail.
In short, they made it work. As a company they are very open to innovation, and are happy to consider details at length, from pool size, to tiling style, to the innovative roof idea we developed between us. Origin’s focus was on quality, and delivering the pool house we dared to expect! And even in the later stages, when it came to the inevitable snagging, there was no abandoning, no getting away with it, just patience – and a real desire to deliver perfection. From director, to architect, to project manager, to the building team, Origin’s experience shone through. From the very start of the project, right through to the first swim, the knowledge and understanding of this long established company gave us confidence in their numerous abilities.
Origin were beyond expectations. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to have a pool house as part of their home and day to day life.” Praise indeed…
Origin’s focus was on quality, and delivering the pool house we dared to expect!
In a conservation area in Oxfordshire
- Bespoke modern pool house with a stained softwood weatherboard exterior
- Building Size 14m x 6.5m with an 8m x 2m extension housing a changing room, shower room and WC, 7m x 3m porch, store room
- 12.5m x 4m x 1.25m concrete pool finished in Sistern Neutro Sabbia large format tile
- Internal finishes - Chicago grey washed timber roof and roof trusses, country cream walls
- Floor tiles - Waxman Innsbruck non slip ceramic tiles with matching step treads and skirtings
- Doors - Grey powder coated aluminium bi-fold doors from Origin Frames
- Roof - Slate Grey single ply membrane
- Fully automatic slatted pool cover - grey slats
- Insulated pool chamber, walls, roof and floor slab
View all case studies